Wow your dinner guests with this one-pan Chicken in Mushroom and Parmesan Cream Sauce!
Chicken in Mushroom and Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 12oz baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Essential EverydayⓇ Heavy Cream
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan (2oz)
- Sprinkle chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add chicken and cooking, turning once, until browned on both sides. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, and rosemary and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they release their juices, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan, nestling the breasts into the bed of mushrooms. Pour cream over chicken, cover pan, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until internal temperature of chicken reaches 160℉, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter with tongs, then stir Parmesan into mushroom and cream sauce. Simmer for 1 minute, then pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.