Here's a penne for your thoughts: chicken, parm, and baked pasta for a cozy dinner made easy with Essential Everyday.
Chicken Parm Penne Bake
- package Essential EverydayⓇ Penne Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Essential EverydayⓇ All-Purpose Flour
- 1 large Essential EverydayⓇ egg, lightly whisked
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Essential EverydayⓇ vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups Essential EverydayⓇ Marinara
- 1 cup shredded Essential EverydayⓇ mozzarella cheese (4oz)
- 1 cup Essential EverydayⓇ Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Slice chicken crosswise into ½” thick medallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate wide, shallow bowls or dishes. Coat chicken pieces in flour, then dip in egg, then breadcrumbs coating all sides of the chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken in batches, using more oil for each batch, and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a 9”x13” baking dish, toss pasta with 1 cup marinara. Top with chicken pieces, remaining 1 cup marinara, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through to 165℉. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.