Jumbo Flakey Biscuits from Essential Everyday find a new use in this Chicken Pot Pie recipe, perfect for home cooks looking to impress with this timeless meal.
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- 3 tablespoons Essential Everyday butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced (~1-1 ¼ cups)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 16 ounce bag of Essential Everyday Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 4 cups cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken (~1 medium chicken)
- 3 cups Essential Everyday chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons Essential Everyday all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package Essential Everyday Jumbo Flaky Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add butter to a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in frozen Essential Everyday Mixed Vegetables with parsley, salt, thyme, oregano, and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together chicken broth and flour until no lumps remain. Add the broth and chicken to the vegetable mixture and stir well. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until mixture thickens.
- Remove the biscuits from packaging. Arrange the biscuits on top of the chicken and vegetable mixture, evenly spaced so they have room to spread slightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the pot pie is bubbly.