Essential Everyday’s twist on a classic favorite, this Shepherd’s Pie is a comfort meal with great flavor that will leave you begging for seconds!
- 3 tablespoons Essential Everyday olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups Essential Everyday frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Essential Everyday Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essential Everyday tomato paste
- 2 packages Essential Everyday Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add olive oil to a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk together beef broth, tomato paste, and all purpose flour and set aside until ready to add.
- Prepare the Essential Everyday mashed potatoes according to package directions. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, and thyme. Break up the beef and cook until browned.
- Once the beef is cooked through, stir in the frozen vegetables and the parsley. Pour in the beef broth mixture, stir, and cook for 5-6 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the top of the Shepherd’s Pie filling.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and browned. Optional: top with a sprinkle of paprika.