Spicy, crunchy and absolutely jam packed with veggies! This Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla soup is a satisfying weeknight dish you can’t go without.
Spicy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into ¼” wide strips
- 3 tablespoons Essential EverydayⓇ vegetable oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 chipotles from 1 can chipotles in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 14.5oz can Essential EverydayⓇ diced tomatoes
- 15oz can Essential EverydayⓇ black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Essential EverydayⓇ Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Essential EverydayⓇ thawed frozen corn kernels
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Essential EverydayⓇ sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Essential EverydayⓇ Cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- reheat oven to 425℉.
- On a large sheet pan toss together tortilla strips and 1 tablespoon oil. Spread out strips and bake until crispy, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, chipotles, and chili powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and broth. Bring soup to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve soup in bowls, letting everyone choose their own toppings.