Live every day like it’s Taco Tuesday with Turkey Taco Zucchini Boatsthat have all the flavor of tacos in a delicious veggie boat.
Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package Essential EverydayⓇ Fiesta Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup Essential EverydayⓇ Mexican Four Cheese Blend
- 1 jar Essential EverydayⓇ Thick and Chunky Salsa
- Sour Cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and use the tip of a spoon to scoop out the seedy center, leaving a shell ¼-½” thick. Rub with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in a baking dish large enough to hold them and bake until just tender about 15 minutes.
- While zucchini bakes, in a large nonstick skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add turkey and cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink. Add seasoning mix and stir well to combine.
- Divide turkey among hollowed-out zucchini and top with cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro.