Be the STAR of your next party with this Star Bread with Strawberry Jam, the perfect pull-apart treat to share with family and friends!
Star Bread with Strawberry Jam
- 1 package (¼ oz) Essential Everyday active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk, divided (110˚-115˚)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup Essential Everyday unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Essential Everyday granulated sugar
- 3 ½ cups Essential Everyday all purpose flour
- ¾ cup Essential Everyday Strawberry Jam
- Egg wash: 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water
- Essential Everyday Powdered sugar
- Add yeast and ¼ cup of the warm milk to a stand mixer. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes, until the yeast is foamy.
- Add in remaining milk, egg, butter, salt, sugar and flour. Using the dough hook attachment, mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat for 6-8 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 12-inch circle.
- Place the first dough circle down on a greased baking sheet. Spread ¼ cup of jam in an even layer, leaving a ½ inch border around the edges. Repeat with remaining layers of dough and jam, finishing with one last circle of dough on top.
- Place a 2 ½ inch round cookie cutter in the center of the circle (don’t press down). Cut the dough into 16 evenly sized strips around the circle, forming a starburst.
- Take 2 strips and rotate twice outward, then pinch the ends together. Repeat with remaining strips. You should have 8 points to the star.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and water.
- Brush the star with egg wash, avoiding the areas with jam.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool, then dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.