Sweet ginger molasses! These cookies can turn any day into a YUMday with a perfectly spicy fall recipe.
Triple Ginger-Molasses Cookies
- 2 cups Essential EverydayⓇ All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup Essential EverydayⓇ Canola Oil
- ½ cup packed Essential EverydayⓇ Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2” piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 1 Essential EverydayⓇ Egg
- 1 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- In a large bowl whisk to combine flour, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk to combine oil, brown sugar, molasses, fresh ginger, and egg.
- Scrape the molasses mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir until nearly combined. Stir in the candied ginger.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into portions, then roll each portion into a ball. Roll the dough balls in the turbinado sugar and place 1½” apart on the prepared sheet pans.
- Bake until the cookies puff up and crack slightly, 12-16 minutes, switching oven racks and rotating sheet pans halfway through baking. Let cool 2 minutes on the sheet pans, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.